Gun Dog Sweepstakes entries may be shown by a handler, and are not subject to the regular Sweepstakes rules. Your dog must have completed the title required for its class BEFORE entries close. Neutered and spayed dogs are eligible for Gun Dog Sweepstakes. See full rules below:
ELIGIBILITY: Any purebred Golden Retriever with an AKC Hunting Title, ** or *** designation earned in an AKC Retriever Field Trial. Entrants need not be entered in any other class or at the regular entry fee. AKC and CKC Champions of Record, spayed and/or neutered dogs are eligible for this competition. Indicate Gun Dog Sweepstakes and Class division on the regular entry form under “Additional Classes”.
HANDLER QUALIFICATIONS: There are no requirements for the handler of the Gun Dog Sweeps. Anyone can handle any dog in the Gun Dog Sweeps.
CLASS DIVISIONS: Class divisions shall be the same for dogs and bitches.
- Junior Hunter – For dogs that have earned the AKC Junior Hunter Title
- Senior Hunter – For dogs that have earned the AKC Senior Hunter Title
- Master Hunter – For dogs that have earned the AKC Master Hunter Title
- ** – For dogs that have earned ** from AKC Retriever Field Trials
- *** – For dogs that have earned *** from AKC Retriever Field Trials